Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Naslund Joins Renegades Hunt for the Cup

Renegades Post
(AP)
RALEIGH - The Renegades acquired forward Markus Naslund along with forward Brian Willsie from the St. Louis Riverman recently for Cory Stillman, Trevor Linden, Ethan Moreau and prospect Justin Pogge. This transaction adds another power forward to the already dangerous line of Chris Dury and Sidney Crosby. GM Jordan had this to say about this transaction "I think when most people see this transaction, they will mostly just notice that the Renegades gave a handful of players away for Markus Naslund, but actually, I feel this trade should help balance the team. Brian Willsie is an underrated forward who could possibly become a star player on any team."
When we sat down with some of the players, we were a little surprised by their reactions. Ethan Morneau shared this with us "I'm actually happy to be joining the Riverman. As much as I enjoyed playing with the Renegades, I felt a little sheltered being on a team with Brian Rollston, Ian Laperrire and Cory Stillman. I didn't feel that I could prosper at the left wing position in Carolina, who didn't have the room to move me to right wing."

In other news, the Renegades recently resigned left wingman Chris Dury to a five year 35 million dollar deal which will go into effect next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment